Monday, March 11, 2013

Rescue Our Tomorrow

When today is all you have
for tomorrow is so far away
I'll hold out my hand for you
we'll save each other today


when it seems that life is empty
and there's nothing left to say
why not reach out for me
and ask for help today


there is no shame
in saying today is not for me
ask the world to rescue your tomorrow
only the truth shall set you free


in silence you will suffer
speak out to kill the pain
you'll find that you are not alone
you have so much left to gain


so reach out for someone's hand
you'll be surprised to find we care
we'll rescue your tomorrow
but first you have to share


we can't rescue your tomorrow
if you don't speak out today
I know you think it's too hard
to put to words all you have to say


there is nothing wrong
with feeling the way you do
and we'll rescue your tomorrow
we're all here to help save you


won't you please rescue my tomorrow
I need help all the time
and in reaching out for help
you also offer a lifeline


because we'll all come together
one survivor at a time
until we stand forever in
a circle of the healing kind

No comments: