Friday, August 24, 2012

Never Known

Don't look in my eyes.  I don't want you seeing me cry.
Cuz the tears that I hide are buried inside
where no one can see, no one but me
I'm not the one that you thought you knew
away I have flown from things that were shown
but you buried my heart in such a way no one will know
until I go
My love has grown cold
nothing is here save that which I fear
more than I bear knowing you care
for someone mistaken for me
you've gone and I'm all alone
And I fear I have grown into something unreal
Something I feel

I know I am not what you forgot
but I'm all alone now
and I don't know how to go on
in a life without you.  You said you'd be true
but that wasn't real and all I can feel
is the pain in my heart that you ripped apart
with all of your lies; you twisted me inside
til something got broke. I'm afraid I will choke
on the words that I say, if I try to delay

I love you

I always will.  I know there is no truth
I have felt and the love I have shown,
nothing is real
and the love I have known and you lied to me
straight to my face
it's killed me in more than one way
and only I know how I cry
and I wish I could die
so I'll just say goodbye

No comments: