Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Cost of Love

How many pieces can one heart hold?  This is a secret I have never been told.  All my love is of the finest gold.  How many pieces can one heart hold?
How many shatters can one heart withstand?  How much damange caused from one single man?  How long will I stand on sinking sand?   How many shatters can one heart withstand?
How many times must I abuse myself?  How many times must I refuse myself?  For all of my life I have reclused myself.  How many times must I abuse myself?
Happiness appears to be within my reach.  I had found someone whose trust I could not breach.  Yet I sit now and hear the pained screech.  Happiness appears to be within my reach.
My heart has grown heavy, dark and cold.  I know all the pieces one heart can hold.  Never again will I be so bold.  My heart has grown heavy, dark.....and.....cold.

No comments: