Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wings of a Human

All my life, I've never known love
I've never understood anything that I have been shown
And now I am attempting to make right all the numbers of wrongs
I have down so that I can be happy and be loved and known
I have earned the horns that sprout forth from my head
and I scream and rage against them in this place
as I toss and turn upon a sea of sweat in my bed
and finally a smile finds its way to my lips, lighting my face
I think I have found the way to repent without having to kneel
for though I believe, I do not find it right to pray
for all the evilness prevents me from being heard, I feel
But finally, my retribution has been found today
And I think I can almost feel the horns begin to leave
and my back rips and stretches and beings to break
and now finally I am unable to any longer grieve
and soft feathery wings around my body a shield make
Now if only you could touch me

No comments: