Friday, August 16, 2013

Friends Forever

I love you, with every breath I take.
I love you, with every step I make
towards that final, peaceful rest.
And I am glad I have found the best
person to call my lover, confidant and friend.
And I hope that we shall be friends til the end.
No matter what happens between us in love,
I hope and wish on every star in the sky above
that nothing shall ever come between us.
Friendship, if all, will surely be enough
because you have become everything to me
and my heart it would pain if I could not see
your smiling face, showing me that you care.
I have laid my life and soul and heart bare
to you, of my past and my pain
and you alone see the tears pour like rain.
Because I know you will never judge me.
And with you, I know what it's like to be free.
Because I can be myself, and remove my mask.
And now, finally, in the sun I shall bask
with your love pouring down to keep me safe.
With you I do not have to hesitate
to tell you exactly what I think or feel
and at your feet I shall always kneel
with love, and care, and gratitude.
For you alone know my every mood
and accept them all, as fast as they come.
And no matter how stupid, no matter how dumb
my words are accepted, and thrown back at me
in times when I doubt my own actual reality.
You keep me grounded, my feet on the earth
and my soul you always flood with great mirth
and happines, and life, and love, and joy.
And you never once tell the truth and say I annoy
the crap out of you when I ramble on and on.
And I pray, once again, we're friends til I'm gone. 

No comments: