Friday, August 16, 2013

Maturity

Twisting and turning, I'm wrapped in the sheets again.  
I'm feeling the hands around my throat; my friend
looking in my eyes, his stained with tears,
understanding the need to erase the hateful years
and the fear buried deep inside my soul
that i cannot hide. I have got to let it go;
all the pain and anger and rage
from a life spent trapped in a cage
have worn my soul down til it's bare.
And of this world i have no more care.
I'm ready to leave, but now comes the call
from the four people I can't stand to see me fall.
They love me, and they hold me close and safe,
and I know that finally I have found my place
to call my own in this sad, lonely, cruel world;
and now I find myself maturing to woman from girl.
I still have a while yet left to go on my way,
but with their help, I know I shall make, it some day.

No comments: